Member Milestone Recognitions
OCDA's membership is full of creative and accomplished individuals. We believe it is important to recognize, highlight and celebrate these milestone achievements. They are listed on this page and the most recent are published in the corresponding issue of the OCDA News.
- Brock Burkett has accepted a position teaching vocal music in grades 6-12 at Maumee Middle and High Schools (pub 7/21).
- Shelvin Burns has accepted a position teaching choir in grades 9-12 at Perrysburg High School (pub 7/21).
- Dara Gillis completed the Doctor of Musical Arts degree at The Ohio State University in Fall 2020.
- Libby Hainrihar completed the Doctor of Musical Arts degree at The Ohio State University in Spring 2021.
- Christian Longberry completed the Master of Music in Choral Conducting degree at Bowling Green State University in Spring 2021.
- Brandon Moss completed the Doctor of Musical Arts degree at The Ohio State University in Fall 2020.
- John Warner completed the Master of Music in Choral Conducting degree at Bowling Green State University in Spring 2021.
Specific Institutional Milestones
- Eric West completed his 15th year as Director of Vocal Music at Defiance High School (pub 7/21).
Total Years of Service to the Profession
- Amy Gelsone retired from Anthony Wayne Schools in Spring 2020.
- Chris Venesile is retiring after 39 years of teaching that included positions in Brooklyn City Schools, North Olmsted Schools, and choral music education at Kent State University (pub 7/21).
- Karen Biscay, Professor Emeritus of Music at Lourdes University, passed away November 28, 2019. https://www.legacy.com/obituaries /toledoblade/obituary.aspx?n=karen-lynn-thornton-biscay&pid =194748275
- Julie Sterman, former choir director at Brecksville-Broadview Heights High School, passed away December 7, 2020. https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/ohio/obituary.aspx?n=julie-gregory-sterman &pid=197250985&fhid=27647