The OCDA Distinguished Service Award
The Vice-President calls for nominations from the membership for the OCDA Distinguished Service Award each year in the fall issue of OCDA News.
Criteria for Nomination:
- The nominee must be a member in good standing of ACDA.
- Nominees should exemplify the following characteristics:
- a high standard of musicianship.
- a high standard of professionalism.
- a record of service to choral music in Ohio.
- a record of active service in OCDA.
- Nominees may come from any specialty, discipline, or teaching level within ACDA membership.
- Previous recipients of the award are excluded from further nominations.
Nominations should include the following information:
- Name of nominee
- Nominee's address (address, city, and zip)
- Nominee's phone and email address
- Nominee's areas of work: indicate Elementary, Middle/Junior High, Senior High, Two-year Colleges, College/University, Church, or Community
- Nominee's years of experience
- Statement in support of nominee
- Your name, phone number, and email
Nominations should be sent no later than December 1 to the Vice-President. The Board’s decision is made at the January meeting and the award is given at the summer conference.